2018. november 17., szombat

Resta con me • Chapter 6 (angol fordítás)

RESTA CON ME
eredeti fejezet: x
fordította: Lena412


Chapter 6
Changes


This was just what I was expecting. Stephan and Viktoria together in the bed. I was stunned as well as hurt. I couldn’t move, and I only heard Stephan’s voice and Viktoria’s. I remember something like the girls were comforting me in the toilet, but I was just crying and crying. Then pouring drink after drink down, then Stephan was saying something about forgiving him, then everything was truly blurry.
I woke up to a knock on the door and to my heard pounding. I was on a double bed in a sunlit room. But I had no idea how and when I got here. The knocking was getting louder but I was still knackered.
Hello Lili! Are you here?” As if I heard Zlatan’s voice, dull and distant, then his pony tailed person appeared. “Are you okay?” He stepped to me and I read worry off his face.
No. I feel terrible.” I sat up and the sudden urge to drain a well came upon me.
If it makes it any better, you look like it,” he said and sat down next to me on the bed.
That was nice.”
That’s me, such a nice person. I bought coffee.” He extended one of the drinks to me.
Thanks, but what I need is a massive glass of cold water.”
I sorted Stephan out yesterday.”
What did you do with him?” I asked, afraid. “You didn’t beat him up or something, did you?”
I’m not that kind of tough guy.” He laughed. “I just told him what I wanted for some time.”
It hurts ... so much,” I whispered as my memories of yesterday came back. “I trusted him, Zlatan, you know. It’s so–”
Don’t cry! I hate I when they cry in front of me.”
Fuck you; then go away!” I looked at him through my tears and I stood up, but he hugged me.
You do know I have a very expensive shirt on, right?”
I don’t care,” I cried. “Where are the girls?”
Alexandra is still sleeping, and Helena, I don’t know.”
I don’t even know what’s the time.” I let him go and I was searching for some clothes. I was only wearing knickers and a top. Of course, when this went through my mind, I didn’t care anymore that Zlatan will see me, and it was kind of late thinking about this.
Almost noon. You could come with me to grab lunch, I’m starving.”
Didn’t you think of going with Alexandra?”
No,” he said quickly.
Why do you want to have lunch with me? I’m not even hungry, you know ... I don’t want to do anything, not eating ... and ... not living,” I said and started crying again.
Lil, if you don’t stop this I’ll get out of here.”
Then go. I don’t even know why you’re here, you’re not my girl friend, you’re not my buddy, you don’t have to nurture me.”
Lili, please!”
Stephan is surely somewhere smooching Viktoria.”
Oh my God! It was just one sex!”
Whose side are you on?” I shouted back from the bathroom where I was putting a pair of jeans and a pink top on and started brushing my teeth.
Both of yours but ... if this gives you any comfort, then on yours a bit. But then again, I think that Stephan only had a one-night stand with Viktoria, but he still loves you.”
Yeah, I noticed.” I looked at him with the toothbrush in my hand. “You know, it never occurred to me to be with somebody else.” But when the dream came to my mind I turned and spit the toothpaste out. In this hot sunshine my head was ripping apart. I was glad Zlatan took me to a restaurant with an A/C. I only ate a little soup and drank lots of water. However, Zlatan devoured three meals.
Aren’t you hungover?” I marvelled.
I am ... but it doesn’t get to me that much.”
What the hell will happen to me now?” I looked out of the window. “I don’t even have a flat.”
You can live at Helena’s. She has three rooms anyway.”
I don’t want to bother her.”
You’re her best friend. Of course, you could come to me, but there’s only one room there.”
You’re an idiot.” I laughed, and I was glad Zlatan didn’t see inside my head. After lunch, I involuntarily went home because I enjoyed being with him. However, Zlatan had an engagement and I couldn’t reach the girls so I wen into the flat alone. I expected to see boxes with Viktoria’s stuff in it, instead I didn’t see any change. Stephan’s shoes were in the hall, messy, that’s how I knew he was home. As quiet as I could, I headed to my room, but Stephan must have good hearing because he came out of his room. As I saw him, I had to restrain myself from going over there and hugging him. He looked incredibly good.
Hi,” he greeted me.
Hi.” I nodded towards him, but I didn’t want to communicate with him anymore, but he might have missed it because he stepped after me.
What are you doing?”
Packing. Do you still have those boxes I moved in with?”
Lili, I understand you’re angry, but can we talk about it?” His voice was calm in contrast with mine which was testing its limits of being angry.
I don’t want to talk about it, I want to leave.”
Stay with me, please!” He took my suitcase out of my hand.
Let go of it because I can’t pack.”
I don’t care.” He looked into my eyes, stubbornly.
Well, I do, and if I want to go, I will.”
And where will you live?”
At Helena’s. Though she doesn’t know yet, but Zlatan–”
Ah, so that’s where it comes from! He is surely full of himself for concocting this.”
Look, I don’t know what you’re talking about and I don’t really care, but–”
About the fact that Zlatan did this.”
What did he do?”
Don’t you understand? Viktoria! He called her there to make my head turn because he knew you’d break up with me and he can move onto you then.”
This is bullshit. Zlatan has Alexandra.”
Whom he doesn’t love anymore. Believe me, in a few days he will make a move.”
If he does, he does. I may not say no to him.”
You’re only saying this to annoy me.”
Maybe, but if you’d go out, I’d appreciate it. You can tell the redhead she can move in.”
Do what you want!” He slammed the door.

***

I was living at Helena’s for two weeks now and I have not once saw Stephan which felt bad because I missed him like crazy. During the summer I had more time to relax and shop. Zlatan broke up with Alexandra as he said it, for real, he doesn’t want to be with her anymore. We hung out a lot, but Stephan’s prophecy hasn’t come to be true yet. I got to know Zlatan as a different person as we spent time together. There was no trace of the arrogant, boastful idiot instead I discovered a nice, attentive and warm-hearted in him. One a summer night we were walking together under the stars into a little street. My feet hurt a little, so I suggested to sit down for a bit on the bench.
Thanks. I promise we won’t stay long.”
Don’t worry. I don’t mind.”
The starts are so pretty. Look.” I pointed up to the sky.
They are ... but you are prettier.”
Come on, Zlatan.” I blushed which couldn’t be seen in the dark, luckily.
Listen, I ... just ... so ... whatever, doesn’t matter,” he said quietly.
Yes?” I looked at him when he stopped. “What did you want to say?”
Just that ... nothing.”
All right.” I smiled at him and I laid my head on his shoulder.
Are you talking with Stephan?” He asked.
No ... sadly. Though I want to. As I know, the Viktoria situation didn’t continue. I read after the girl somewhere and I found out she is in London.”
Yes, she works there.”
Good, I’d rather not see her. I think if she doesn’t connect with him in a month, I will.”
Why would you?”
Because maybe then we could restart.”
He cheated on you, Lili.” He looked at me confused.
Yes, but I’m not angry with him. I still love him.”
Can we go now?” He stood up. His voice sounded harsh.
Did I say something wrong?” I asked but he just shook his head.

***

The AC Milan held an appreciative night for the team members, friends, family members. Zlatan invited Helena and me too. I didn’t want to go but I thought nothing bigger can happen. At least I can do a few good pictures. I put a deep cut, yellow, floor length dress on and white sandals. Helena came up with the idea of putting a flower hairband in my hair.
You look like some Latino dancer.” She looked at me. She was wearing a black top and fire red skirt.
And you look like a true Milan fan.” I laughed as we heard steps from outside.
Sorry, I just–” Zlatan stepped into the room. When our eyes met, I saw surprise in his.
What is it?” I asked.
Nothing, I just ... Did I interrupt your preparation?”
No, of course not ... What will you wear?”
I don’t know yet, but you look really good ... I mean, you both. Both of you, of course.”
That’s right,” agreed Helena.
Then I’ll be off. We still have half an hour.”
All right.” I nodded and turned to my friend. “What has gotten into him? I have never seen him like that.”
I think it distracted him to find us this beautiful. He is not used to it.”
This is bullshit. He has seen us dressed up already.”
You’ll see tonight,” she replied and from her eyes I saw she was hiding something from me.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

layout by Sasame Ka z Zatracone Dusze