2018. október 19., péntek

Resta con me • Chapter 1 (angol fordítás)

RESTA CON ME
eredeti fejezet: x
fordította: Lena412


Chapter 1
the new flat

And I have not lived with a girl. But come on, look around.” He closed the conversation off quickly and went ahead to open the big, iron gate for me. “The neighbours are really nice. I live on the fourth floor which means there is no lift but it’s a good workout and there aren't that many stairs,” he explained while we were heading upstairs. “I pay €3500 a month which is not that much I think. Of course, compared to my salary, it’s very good. There is a jacuzzi, a fireplace and the view from the balcony if amazing. Then come in.” He opened he door.
When I stepped in the only thing I could think of to describe it was: wonderful. The flat had two bathrooms, a big kitchen and two double rooms. In the middle of the living room, there stood a huge, white fireplace.
I don’t really use it, you don’t need to in this heat. Drink?” He stepped towards the kitchen.
This ...” The view took my breath away. “Beautiful.” I breathed. “I’ll have a glass of water.”
Look around freely. There is a completely empty room where my teammate lived previously, you could move in there. There are two bathrooms, so we won’t argue, we can sort out which one would be yours and which one would be mine.”
Which one do you use now?” I asked as I opened the door into Stephan’s room. Jerseys hung from the wall while a huge king size bed filled up the place.
Wi-fi’s free, you can use it. Come in.” He stepped behind me with the glass of water.
I don’t want to invade your–”
Then look at the view,” he cut in. “It’s beautiful this time.”
Okay,” I agreed and headed for the balcony. The lights of the city were gorgeous.
What do you think?” He stepped next to me with two glasses. “Here you go, your water.” And he extended one of the glasses for me.
Thanks. I thought about it, and your flat is beautiful, it is closer to my work than the current one, but–”
What if we held a trial time? Maximum of two months if that’s good for you and if you don’t like it I won’t get offended if you don’t want to live together, just let’s try.” He looked at me sweetly and smiled. “The price of the camera.”
How much time do I have to think about the offer?” I asked.
All of it. There is not another tenant yet, I really hate living alone.”
Me too,” I admitted. “Would you take me home? I’ll start early tomorrow, and I have to look through the photos as well.”
All right, I’ll bring the car keys,” he said, and I followed him. I looked through the flat one more time and I’d loved to move in right now. Arriving home, I thanked him the nice night and we said goodbye.
Then, I’ll call you,” Stephan said out the window.
I promise I’ll let you know by the end of the month.” I smiled at him and stepped through my doorway.

The following month I thought about Stephen’s offer a lot, and about him as well; his style and aura caught me. I found myself thinking when I was working what it would be like to shoot photos of him. He’d be a great model, not only because he is handsome but because of his job - they shot photos of him many times, but we couldn’t meet in those because we were occupied by our lives. On a Wednesday, during work my phone rang. It was my landlord and I answered a bit scared and as it turned out I was right to be.
Hi, Lili. Did you find a new place for yourself?” He asked, and I heard on his voice that he was hopeful.
I ... don’t know. I was searching and there is a few good places but I’m not sure which one will be fit.”
That’s not good.”
Why? I have some time left still,” I stated.
The thing is that not that much. I know I said September, but it would be best if my kin could move in in August. I’m sorry.”
But that’s only two weeks,” I said, frightened. “How should I find–”
I think you had enough time,” he said, flatly. “I’m sorry, but that’s it. Good luck in your life, I’ll call you about the details.” And I heard the beep in the phone.
Impotence filled me up, I was so clueless and sad; I remembered Stephan, but I was a bit scared to call him. After I finished the shoot, I collected all my strength and dialled his number and a sleepy voice spoke into the phone.
Hello, who is it?”
Hi, it’s Lili. Uhm ... I hope I didn’t wake you.”
You did, but it’s okay. I had to wake up anyway. I was out with friends yesterday. Why did you call? Is everything all right?”
Yes ... Well ... Not really,” I stuttered into the phone.
What’s wrong?”
I need to move out sooner and if you still have that extra room ... Then I’d ...”
Of course. You can move in tomorrow, if you want I can help with the packing.”
I can manage by myself but ... I do hope I will not be bothering.”
Ah ... What more, I’m glad.” I can hear the honesty in his voice which felt so good. “When are you packing? I really would help.”
Okay. I’ll be done with work around ... three, and I’ll call you after.”
Super, I’ll have time today. Call me then.”
All right, bye.” I ended the call.
I couldn’t wait for the shoot to be over; we were shooting in a shopping centre which I like because the lights are good, and I can shoot more than one styled picture in one place.
I arrived home at four and dialled Stephan’s number and after half-an-hour he was here with a mover’s van.
I don’t even have this many stuff.” I laughed when I saw the van.
Doesn’t matter, we don’t have to turn twice,” he muttered, and his sunglasses shone brightly in the sunlight.
Because I owned clothes mostly, at eight I was packing into my new wardrobe; my room was wonderful. There was a king-sized bed in the middle of the room with purple furniture and under the window was a desk onto which I could put my laptop, and on the wall, there was a plasma TV which I could watch comfortably from my bed. After dinner I was terribly tired and all I wanted was to tuck myself into bed when Stephen had an idea.
What about a moving in party? I’ll call over my friends and you can get to know them.”
Tell me, do you party constantly?” I looked at him.
No, only occasionally, but then I do like to.”
Tomorrow maybe, okay? I am really tired, I woke up fairly early.”
All right. Then go into the bath, and we’ll talk tomorrow.”
Okay. Good night.”
Good night. I’m glad you’re here,” he said and I walked into my bathroom.
The bed was so comfortable that if I wouldn’t have set my alarm, I would have been late for school. I couldn’t find Stephan at home, he might have gone to practice or something. I had a good time in the new flat and we started to get together with Stephan too.
On a Friday night he stood in front of me with and invitation.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

layout by Sasame Ka z Zatracone Dusze