2018. október 12., péntek

Resta con me • Prologue (angol fordítás)

RESTA CON ME
eredeti fejezet: x
fordította: Lena412


Prologue



Summer came quickly, and I realised that it’s almost July. I was about to go into the agency with my due work when my landlord called me.
Hello?” I said into the phone while I was looking at the pictures on the camera.
Hi, Lili! I’m Alex.” His voice sounded weird, and I wondered if he found something wrong, something he was not satisfied with, when he visited me last.
Hi. Tell me, is there something wrong?”
There is a slight problem. You know the flat you live in, uhm ... I’d like you to look for another flat from September.”
What?” It came like a bucket of cold water. “Why?”
Because there came another–”
Am I not keeping it clean enough?”
It’s not about that, but my good friend’s son would move in and ... I’m nervous ...,” he said, voice breaking. “Look, I think I gave you enough time. You can stay this month and in August, but from September you need to move out. I have a few addresses that may–”
I don’t need them. Thanks for letting me know, bye,” I said in a calmer voice and ended the call.
I have no idea what to do, things went so well so far, and I really didn’t need this whole ‘searching for another flat’ again. I loved this little flat because it was close to work and school. It wasn’t too big, and it wasn’t too expensive which abroad was rare. As I was thinking about this, I felt a push and I landed on the ground and my camera fell out of my hands.
I’m so sorry. I wasn’t looking. Are you all right?” The stranger boy kept apologising, and after taking a better look at him, I found him rather appealing.
His eyes were glistening greyly and were staring at me, frightened. The way he dressed wasn’t revealing, just a grey t-shirt and ripped jeans. However, his hair was extravagant. But I was furious with him.
I’ll pay for it,” he replied straight away while I was barely paying attention to him because I was clicking the camera. “I’ll pay for it, really. I have a friend who’s a pro in these. He’ll fix it, just don’t be mad at me.”
The pictures are gone from it,” I said, sad. “You know, I work with this. If you can really fix it, then I’ll give it to you and send it back to this address. It would be best if your friend could do it by Monday because–”
I promise it will be done by Sunday.”
I’m sorry I wasn’t looking.” I looked at him shyly. “Do you promise it will be done by Sunday and you will send it to me?”
Yes, definitely. And my name is Stephan.”
Lili.” I extended my hand towards him. His handshake was the real manly kind.
I’m glad we met but excuse me, I have to go and believe me, it will be done on Saturday,” he said and hopped on the bike and cycled away.
As I looked after him a strange feeling flooded me. I never met a boy so handsome as he was, maybe models whom I occasionally work with.

I spent the weekend searching for flats and walked in the city. Sunday I was preparing my breakfast when the bell rang. I hurried to it and I was happy to see the boy I bumped into. I hope he could fix my camera.
Hi. How are you? I hoped I came to the right place.” He smiled and extended a parcel towards me.
Thanks. Did you do it?”
Yes, luckily. Moreover, your pictures are on it.”
That’s great. I’m so-so grateful,” I said. “Come in.” I invited him inside. “I’ll grab my purse. Sorry for the mess. I’m looking for a flat and I printed all my options out.”
You don’t have to pay anything!” He shouted after me.
I fished my purse out in a matter of moments and walked back to Stephan who was looking at the flats.
I’m here. What do I owe you?”
Nothing, really.” He looked at me, and he really did look handsome.
That’s no answer. I don’t want you to think I can’t pay for it, or something.”
Okay. If you insist on ‘paying’ then I have a proposition. Strange, but I am looking for a flatmate because the previous one sent me to another club and I don’t like to live alone. It’s at a good place in the city and about the rent; we can agree at the rate you paid here.”
That’s really nice, but I can’t accept.”
Did you find a better flat? Maybe a cheaper one? We can try that too ...”
Listen, I barely know you. I’m grateful for fixing my camera but–”
All right. Then what do you think about dinner as getting to know each other? Tonight maybe?”
Stephan, listen, I–”
You have a boyfriend? Doesn’t matter if you do,” he replied quickly, and I laughed.
I don’t have a boyfriend. I don’t even have friends just superficial relationships. You see, I work and study so that takes all my energy.”
And I go to matches, training and, of course, partying with my friends.”
Do you want something to drink?” I offered to my stranger guest.
No, maybe tonight. I’ll come for you around seven,” he said and stood up from the chair and headed to the door. “I promise you won’t be disappointed in me. I’d really like if you’d live with me.”
I’ll think about it and I’ll be ready at seven. Bye.”
Bye,” he said and sat into his silver-coloured car and drove away.
Stephen was on my mind all day. What could he want from me and can I trust him?
He didn’t seem like the aggressive type, more like, somewhere deep inside me I even liked his style. This relaxed, macho but not boastful radiance. I loved his hair. And his eyes ... and ... I caught myself thinking about living with him.

It was hot outside, so I just put on a white and blue dress and white sandals. I hoped I wouldn’t be underdressed. I let my hair down and pinned it up on the side. I put on light makeup and exactly at seven the silver Audi arrived. I took a quick look at myself in the mirror then opened the door. Stephan was wearing a white shirt and jeans.
Hello!” I smiled. “I’ll just grab my bag.”
There is no rush, we still have plenty of time. What would you like to do instead? Cocktail or dinner?”
I don’t know. I think you know the city better than I do,” I answered, and we stepped out into the summer sunshine together. “You have a beautiful car,” I said, admiring it while I sat in.
Company car. The whole team runs around in ones like this one. Of course, I’m not doing it for this but because I love it and football is my life.”
So, you’re a footballer,” I noted more to myself, but he heard it too.
Yes. Do you like football?” He asked while he started the car.
I don’t have time to like it.”
So that’s a no,” he replied for me.
Okay, you caught me. I don’t think I ever finished watching a football match. I don’t know what’s good in kicking around a ball.”
This is a typical female response. One of my friend’s sister is like that. Well, she goes to the matches, yes, if it’s a bigger one,” he explained while watching the road.
Maybe I’ll go to one and watch how you play.”
That would be good. Here we are.” He stopped the car in front of a elegant cocktail bar.
Many people were here but it didn’t bother neither Stephan nor me. We drank the cocktails one after the other. We talked a lot and it was good to get to know him. Stephan paid attention too when I was talking about myself, which felt good. We were well into drinking when I looked at my watch which told be it was eleven.
Oh my God! Is that how long we were her for?”
Time flies when you are with good company.” He looked at me with his greyish blue eyes. “And I have a surprise for you tonight.”
This is enough. I owe you much already. The drinks and the dinner.”
But this wasn’t the real dinner.”
This is more than I could have imagined,” I said, and I meant it. “It feels really good that you are this attentive and kind towards me.”
But can I show you what I wanted to show you today?”
All right.” I agreed.
I hope you’ll like it. Then I’ll pay, and we can go.”
I’ll pay half of it,” I offered.
You don’t have to.” He grinned.
Okay. I’ll just go to the ladies’ room,” I said, grabbed my bag and headed to the toilets.
I was a bit afraid but curious about what Stephen can surprise me with; I felt more and more drawn to him which scared me a little because I didn’t need a relationship right now. I touched up my makeup and walked out to Stephan who was waiting at the door. From his huge, wide smile and radiance my heart almost jumped out from its place. We sat back into the car and he started it and we were off.
Tell me, where are we going?”
No need to rush, be patient.” He looked at me. “But I need to tell you not to think any back motive into it, I just want to make our choice easier.”
Though I don’t know what this is about, bring it on.” I looked at him and Stephan laughed. After a few minutes’ driving, we stopped in front of a four-storey apartment.
Where are we?” I asked.
We’re home. I’m just going to show you my flat and I hope you’ll like it as much to move in with me.”
Stephan I ...”
Don’t say anything yet. You need a flat and I need a flatmate. You don’t have to do anything about it, and given we would live together we don’t have to–”
I've never lived with a boy before.” I cut in.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

layout by Sasame Ka z Zatracone Dusze