2018. október 29., hétfő

Resta con me • Chapter 3 (angol fordítás)


RESTA CON ME
eredeti fejezet: x
fordította: Kaede


Chapter 3
 Something begins...


"Good morning!" I greeted her kindly.
"You too. When did you go home and with whom?"
"I came home by taxi not long after we talked. We didn't have much time with Stephan, because Vicki came out and..."
"Then you left."
"Yes, I wanted to ask your brother to bring me home, but he was busy with making out with a black-haired girl."
"She was with Alexandra. Finally!"
"Great. What are you doing today?"
"I don't know... Wanna have lunch with me?" she recommended.
"I do... I don't want to stay home because Stephan brought home the redhead."
"What?"
"Unfortunately, shit happens," I said cheerlessly. "But it's okay. When will you pick me up?"
"In half an hour?"
"I'll be ready by then too."
"Alright, I'll knock when I'm there. Bye."
"Bye." I hang up.

The only positive thing of the whole party was that I became friends with Helena. I was so glad that I found such a great friend. I walked out of my room and headed for the kitchen. In that exact time Stephan came back. I guess he showed Victoria out. We looked at each other and I had no idea what to say in such situation. I reckon his ex-girlfriend wasn't here for nothing.

"Hi. Should I order some food?"
"No... I'm going to have lunch with Helena."
"You don't need to run away from me."
"It's not running away, just – "
"Lili, listen, I – "
"You don't have to apologize. She's your girlfriend... or your ex-girlfriend. It has absolutely no importance as we aren't together. We're just flatmates. If you slept with her... you don't owe me an apology or anything."
"I shouldn't have behaved like that. You should've came with me. After you left I drank too much and I felt miserable. Victoria was there and it just happened. But it won't happen again. I promise. I don't love her anymore."
"But you did sleep with her." I retorted.
"Yeah, because ... you left."
"So I'm at fault?" I asked, surprised.
"No, I didn't say that, just... if you had stayed with me then that wouldn't have happened."
"Then what would've happened? We are friends, nothing more. Now, I need to get ready. I'm sorry."
"Alright, as you wish.” then he went into his room gloomily.


I felt terribly bad and I was tempted to go after him and shout at him questioning why he played me false and caused me so much pain, but I knew I didn't have the right to do so. I quickly put on a pair of jeans and a white top and then applied some natural makeup.

Helena arrived just a few minutes after and we dined in a very cozy terrace restaurant. We discussed what happened yesterday and decided that I wouldn't go near Stephan. Even if it was hard.

I think you should give him some time,” she advised me. “Wait a month and if Victoria does not show up, she's gone for good.”
You think so?”
I'm sure. Anyway, that woman is hysteria itself. What I know is that they had been in a relationship similar to Zlatan and Alexandra's for two and a half years. Only Alexandra is nicest than this stupid cow. She has a decent job unlike this slug Vicki.”
What does she do?” I inquired when I finally had a big scoop of ice cream in front of me.
Interior decorator. She also furnished my brother's apartment... strange but this is how they started dating.”
Cute.”
Indeed.”
And who was that boy with you?” I asked.
He's just a... mate of mine. He is quite good-looking, but that's it. There will be nothing more, 'cause I don't want a boyfriend. You know, I told you about how I got cheated and that was the reason why I moved. I ran away even from the country. I didn't want to see how happy he is with that other girl.”
But you shouldn't have. In fact, you should've stood up for yourself and show him how strong you are.”
Oh sure.” We began to laugh a little.
Helena's phone rang, and after she ended the call she said:
Wanna come to the Milan match?”
Me?”
Yes, my brother has just called me. I'm not so fond of football either, but it will be fantastic. Seriously... the atmosphere, everything. Zlatan can get tickets and we'll watch the game from a great view.”
I've never been to a soccer game.”
Then it's time.”
I don't even know the date.”
I guess it's next Sunday, here in the city.”
I don't know... Will Stephan be there too?”
Of course he'll be there. He'll even play. You haven't seen him playing soccer, have you?”
No.” I shook my head.
Would you like to?” She came up with the question which she obviously knew the answer to.
Yeah... that would be nice.”
Okay then. We can leave, I'll just call him back.”
Then she reached for her phone again and discussed the situation.


Fall was really great. I had lots of work to do and we went to the AC Milan games with Helena many times. The atmosphere really was fantastic and sometimes we even went to away games. I almost felt like a real fan. We became very good friends with Stephan. I picked up his habit of going to parties and there wasn't a single week when we didn't go somewhere.
Once or twice we almost crossed the boundaries but because of my fear of Victoria I tried to stay in the friend zone. By the way, I have heard nothing since then. At the beginning of December I was taking photos in a great snowfall and I couldn't wait to finish it. It was terribly cold and I decided that I'd get some hot chocolate while my borrowed car was being refilled .
I was standing at the checkout when I thought my eyes were playing me false. I saw Stephan and me in a newspaper. The headline read something like “a couple”. I took the newspaper and bought it. I tried not to care about the cashier's odd smile. As soon as I could I drank the hot chocolate and drove home.
When I stepped into the apartment Zlatan and Stephan came into my view. They were playing XBOX. Around them there was a big pizza box and a semi-empty coke bottle.
I was terribly furious about the newspaper and threw the magazine on the table.
Have you seen this before?” I inquired, and Stephan glanced at it then asked:
Why would I read something like that?”
Just because it mentions us.”
So? Is it such a big problem?”
If you paid attention, you would know what it's all about,” I answered and then switched off the TV.
Come on, I was close to winning!” Zlatan exclaimed.
I don't care. Look and be surprised.”
What the hell?” Zlatan snatched the newspaper.“Really, dude. How cool is that!”
It's not. I have not read it yet because I got steamed up immediately when I saw it.”
Dude, this is a great article,” laughed Zlatan.”It says you've been together for several months.”
But this is not true,” I flipped out again. “Stephan, say something!” I looked at him.
Yeah... it's bullshit.” Then he put the console down and went into his room.
Have I said something wrong?”
Are you really that blind or are you just faking it? Because if so, then you're really good at it.”
And you're a jerk. Why are you talking to me like that?”
Because you hurt Stephan really bad. Nevermind, I'm out.”
Wait a minute. I don't understand,” I stepped in front of him, though it was quite funny that I wanted to stop Zlatan who was nearly two feet high... and absolutely handsome.
Then think about it. I'll see you on the weekend. Bye.” he said and he was gone.
I cleaned up the mess after the boys, then took a deep breath and knocked on Stephan's door.
Can I come in?” I asked. He lay on the bed. He was listening to music and playing with a soccer ball.
Of course. What's up?”
Did I say something wrong? Because if so, I apologize.”
You didn't say anything, you just made a mountain out of a molehill. I've read it anyway. They write pretty unlikely things and mostly because – ”
Do you like me?” I came up with an ill-considered question.
What?”
Nothing... it just slipped out,” I said quickly while scolding myself for being such an idiot, but Stephan smiled and pulled me close.
Why did you ask me this?”
I don't know... just... sometimes you are so – “
Do you like me?”
He looked into my eyes and I could only nod. Then he came closer and kissed me. It was simply fantastic and magical. We lay on the bed and made out wildly. I felt like I could never stop. Stephan was just kissing and pleasing me. He took off my dress then I deprived him of his clothes and slowly, gently we became one.
I don't know when I felt so good with a man, but as I watched his face while he was sleeping, great joy simply filled my heart. I would have liked to cry out in pleasure. Of course I didn't do it; instead I placed a kiss on his cheek and went off to sleep.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

layout by Sasame Ka z Zatracone Dusze