2018. október 23., kedd

Resta con me • Chapter 2 (angol fordítás)


RESTA CON ME
eredeti fejezet: x
fordította: Kaede


Chapter 2
 An Unexpected Twist



On a Friday night he stood in front of me with an invitation.
What is this?” I looked at the card.
A party. It's my best friend's birthday. Many people will be present that I have a good relationship with. Many of them are from Milan and other teams.”
I see, but what does it have to do with me?” I didn't understand.
I'd be glad if you came with me.” He looked at me with hopeful eyes.
But why? I don't know anyone, and I don't even like football. I don't fit in your group.”
This invitation is for two and I would like you to accompany me.”
Look...”
I don't want you to be alone at home. You barely go out, and this way you could get to know a couple of people. There will be even photographers who may even offer you a job.”
Alright. I'll go and, thank you for the invitation”
I thanked him gratefully but then a question came into my mind “Stephan, what kind of clothes are required? Should I dress up or loose clothing is okay?”
It's a private party, I'll be dressed elegantly. A shirt and black trousers.”
Then I need a dress that won't put you to shame.”
I've got an idea.” He sat down on the chair. “I could ask my best friend's sister to help you explore the shops and choose some sexy clothes.”
Look, I'll just go to some...”
Why don't you accept my help?”
I do accept it, I just don't want to cause any unnecessary trouble.” I looked at him which caused him to step closer and take my hand.
           “To me nothing is unnecessary if it's about you." he said and as he looked into my eyes for a moment I thought he was going to kiss me. Since I wanted to avoid it by all means it was me who broke the idyllic moment.
I'm totally free tomorrow. Tell her I'm ready when she is.”
Of course... of course. I'll go and talk to her.” then he left the room and I began to think about what had just happened earlier.




In the morning Stephan knocked on my door.
Good morning! I talked to Helena and it's perfect, she planned to buy her dress today too.”
Good. It's luck that I didn't get any assignments for today either.”
She said she'll be here around 10 o'clock.”
Great, I'm sure I'll be ready by then. And where are you gonna be?”
I'm going to practice, then look for some gift.”
Okay. Helena is a nice girl, right?”
Yeah. She's very kind and decent. I think you will get along just fine. At least I hope so.”
Me too. You know, it would be nice to have a friend as I haven't made friends with those whom I work and go to school with.”
Helena is very sociable. She is the total opposite of her brother. When you get to know Zlatan, I'm warning you, he isn't the same person that he pretends to be.”
Why?” I asked while making my bed.
He's one of those quite stuck-up kind of guys. He may seem a little bit egoistic at first, but I've always could count on him in everything. He's a good friend. And his sister is the opposite. Especially because she is very beautiful.
Have a liking to her?” I joked.
No, not at all. I like... another girl at the moment.” He looked at me and again,
awkward silence settled on us.
            “I understand. Now... I'll go and get dressed.” I told him, and when he realized what I was getting at he left me alone. I did not really know what to think of the things he said.
I wanted to get more from Stephan than a simple "good night, good morning", but I didn't have enough courage to make a move. Sometimes I felt like he was looking at me in a different way, but then I remembered that if I were to take the first step and he wasn't referring to me then I would just embarrass myself and I don't want any of that.
The voice of the doorbell brought me back to reality from my thoughts. Stephan opened the door and I went out to greet the unknown guest. I saw two people in the doorway. I felt so anxious since I didn't know who they were. I saw a beautiful blonde, long-haired girl and a tall, somewhat strict looking long-haired, very handsome man. They were chatting in Italian; I understood it for the most part .
Hi, I'm Helena,” the girl said in a friendly way, extending her manicured hand for a handshake. She was wearing a summer floral skirt and a blue low cut lace top.”You must be Lili.”
Yeah.”
"Stephan has told me a lot about you," the man said in a deeper voice.”I'm Zlatan.”
Lili.” I gave him a smile.
How come you are here too?” Stephan inquired.
I thought I would come for you. Also I wanted to see whom my sister is going to shop with.”
Keep calm, I'm not going to spend too much money.”
Are you ready?” Helena looked at me.
I think so.” I replied in a hurry, confused.
Stephan has told me a lot about you. I guess he didn't play me false when – ”
What if we sat down? Then I'll make coffee to make everyone's day better.”
Stephan interrupted his friend.
We had coffee quickly then started to explore the city with Helena. Thanks to the beautiful sunshine I was suddenly in the mood to walk all day. And Helena was of great help. I got to know a nice and funny girl. She told me she was working as a hairdresser and she also had a small clothing store. She came here from Sweden about two years ago and luckily she got a job right away. More and more people are looking her up and through her brother she gets several famous guests. Around four o'clock in the afternoon, after a vast amount of laughing and trying clothes on we went to an elegant shop. Helena immediately noticed a golden dress.
Try this on.” She gave it to me.
I don't like gold.”
It's okay, it'll fit well, and Stephan won't be able to catch his breath."
"But I do want him to catch his breath," I smiled at her, but after all I went into the fitting room.
I tried it on and surprisingly I preferred this one over the previous pieces of clothing, though I found it a bit pretentious because of its plunging neckline; but except for this I awfully liked it.
So, what is it like?" Helena peeped in. “Wow, this is totally awesome. You'll even look better than me in the end.”
I don't think so.”
If you'd like I could do your hair, paint your nails and – “
I don't want to – “
What? Come on. Stephan didn't invite you for nothing.”
He invited me so I wouldn't be alone at home and he wouldn't be all by himself at the party. I guess he finds it awkward or something.” I cut in while I took off my dress.
Bullshit! Zlatan told me that since he got to know you he's been talking about nothing but you and not as a flatmate.”
How then? I hope he isn't planning on introducing me as his girlfriend.”
Why would it be a problem? Don't you like him?”
I do. He is very good-looking, seriously, but I'm scared.” I admitted.
From what?” she asked tentatively.
Maybe you and your brother might misunderstand him. What if I'm gonna make a move and then... I come a cropper?” I looked at her questioningly as I paid for the dress.
I think you're just a coward.”
That's not the case,” I denied.
Okay, tell me at least five things you love about Stephan.”
Let's see…” I thought. “I love that he's kind, intelligent, attentive, I love his eyes and his hair and ...”
"Told ya'," she cut me off as we went out into the noisy street. “It can be seen in your eyes when you're thinking about him that you have feelings for him.”
All right, you are right. You know, when I'm thinking of what kissing him would be like... such a wonderful shiver goes through me.”
Promise you would hit on him on Saturday?”
I ...”
Do it for my sake!” She pleaded with me.
I'll try, I promise.” I gave a smile then we got in the car.

On Saturday I was so nervous that I dropped or broke everything or I teared apart most of the things I took in my hands. Stephan went to practice and I was waiting for Helena. I was running around in the flat wearing a bathrobe when someone rang the doorbell. I opened it quickly, however not Helena but Zlatan stood in the entrance. I was surprised for a moment and I wasn't able to say anything. Zlatan was very handsome and tall. Owing to my flusteration the only thing I could breathe out was:
Hi. Stephan is not here.”
Okay, not a problem. I should already be where he is, but I promised my sister that I would hand you over these.” then he lent me a bag.
What are these?” I inquired.
Women's stuff. It's not my cup of tea because my girlfriend never packs her things in front of me.”
Oh!" I was surprised but I should've thought that such an attractive guy couldn't be single. “Is she coming tonight too?”
No... at the moment we're... not really together. Anyway, I'll go now. Bye.”
"Bye, and thanks," I told him quickly.
The bag contained a wonderful underwear set and an expensive perfume. I was wondering when Helena would arrive already when my phone rang.
Come down, please!” I heard Helena. “My belongings are a bit heavy.”
I'll hurry,” I ran to help her. She brought all kinds of hair curlers and a huge box.
What's in this box?” I asked.
A few cool clothes.”
But I already have a dress.”
Yeah, but if you tried these on too – “
Come on, Helena! The gold one is fine. Just do my hair and let's move on. Stephan could come back at any moment.”
I see Zlatan gave you the bag.”
"Yes, he was here and he acted quite strangely.”
Probably he hasn't woken up properly yet. Did he comment on the stuff?”
No... the only thing he mentioned was that his girlfriend doesn't show these to him.”
Alexandra... Nevermind.”
He said something like they aren't together at the moment.”
You know... they have a very special relationship. They started dating six months ago when Alexandra furnished his apartment. Zlatan loves Alexandra very much, but she... well, let's say she's free-spirited.”
If I had such a handsome boyfriend I would never want anyone else,” I said honestly.
My brother has changed a lot for her. He was even more arrogant and more of an asshole. Come, let's wash your hair,” she invited me to the washbasin.




In the evening at 7 o'clock I was standing in front of the mirror with Helena with a flawless look, a new hair and a new manicure. The boys arrived and we walked into the bathroom.
We gotta go girls!” Zlatan knocked on the door. “You've been there long enough.”
Coming,” Then we opened the door and walked out.
Helena wore a cream-colored dress with a black silk belt on her waist. She curled her beautiful blond hair. My hair was pinned on side, falling on my shoulder.
Well, you two give your best,” Stephan came out of the room. “You are very beautiful.”
"You look good, too." I complimented him, then he took my hand and we got in the car.


The party was very lovely. It was a disco. The music created a huge party atmosphere. I met many celebrities and I drank a couple of cocktails. The one being celebrated was a former Milan player whom Stephan introduced me to: Philippe Mexes.
Hi. Happy Birthday!”
Hello, thanks. I'm glad they managed to persuade you into coming here.”
Thank you for inviting me.”
I hope you're having a good time.”
Yeah, everything is amazing.”
What's up?” Stephan joined us.
We were just having a chat," I said.
Sorry, I have to go now.”
Okay, we'll catch up later." Stephan shouted after him, then turned to me. “Wanna dance with me?”
I do.” a kindled look in my eyes showed itself.

We danced a lot and I had a very good time. I almost felt like the only person in the room was Stephan with me. Embracing him all night gave me such a good feeling. I totally forgot about Helena, but I hoped that she was having at least as much fun as me.
"You are extremely beautiful." he looked deeply into my eyes.
It's just a little makeup and a new dress.”
It's so good that you're with me... you know I... I think it wasn't by accident that we met, because, I – “
Stephan, oh god!” A woman with red-hair in a black-red dress threw her arms around Stephan and kissed him on the mouth.
I immediately froze on the spot. Suddenly I thought I wasn't seeing things properly. However, after they had finished the girl turned to me.
Don't you want to introduce me to your dance partner, sweetheart?”
Victoria, we broke up two months ago.”
Of course... I'm Victoria. Stephan's girlfriend.”
Lili,” I introduced myself, but inside I felt like the ground was going to open beneath me.
She isn't my girlfriend. We broke up two months ago. We hadn't been together when I met you,” he made excuses.
That's why you slept at mine last week...”
I didn't sleep at your place...”
How true, we did not just sleep after all," she grinned impishly and kissed him again.
I decided I had enough of this and I went to the bar. Helena was talking to a blond-haired boy but when she saw me she walked over to me.
What's wrong?”
Let's get some air, please!”
All right.” then we went out to the yard.
Stephan fooled me... and so did you... and everyone! "I shouted not caring about the staring crowd.
Wait, why?”
He has a girlfriend.”
What?”
Yes, he has a girlfriend whom you didn't even mention.”
I'm sorry, but I have no idea who you are talking about. As I know, he is single.”
Victoria; rings a bell?”
But they aren't together anymore... Stephan dumped her because she's a cheap slut who is only into footballers so she can appear in magazines.”
Look, I don't care, but she's just came to us then kissed Stephan. Just like that... and then she said that last week before I moved in he slept at her place and they had sex.”
Calm down – ”
Lili, I've been looking for you everywhere.” Stephan stepped out.
Go back to your girlfriend!” I raised my voice in anger.
She isn't my girlfriend. Just a... great love from the past.”
Leave me alone, okay?! I don't want to stand between anyone. Really. I…”
Lili please!”
I'm going back. It's the two of you who should discuss it,” Helena said and left us alone.
Listen, I asked you to come because I want to be with you and not with her.”
You really should've mentioned that – “
It was just one night and you hadn't live with me yet.”
Look, we're not together after all, so you do what you want to do. I'm going home.”
No, don't go! Be with me, please.” then he took my hand and pulled me close.
By virtue of his smell I almost gave in but then Victoria came outside.
Honey, won't you come in?”
I ...”
Go!” then I left them and I went to the dance floor.


I wanted to talk to Zlatan and ask him to take me home but apparently he was making out with a black-haired girl. I thought I would send a message to Helena telling her I left. I called a taxi and went home. Since I couldn't sleep I started to switch the channels on TV while thinking about Stephan. I felt betrayed, but I was aware that I had no reason to as we weren't a couple, however I was hurt because I felt cheated. 
I contemplated so much that soon I fell asleep.


In the morning I woke up to a great clamour coming from the kitchen. I believed it to be Stephan. I climbed out of bed, however in the kitchen I didn't find him but Victoria. She wore a man's shirt and a red thong. She was trying to pick up the broken pieces of the mug barefoot when she noticed that I entered the kitchen.
Good morning!” she smiled at me kindly.
You too. Can I help you?”
"No, I just wanted to grab a coffee for Stephan, but I'm a bit hung over.”
It's okay, but Stephan doesn't like that. Lately he's been drinking this kind.” then I took some regular coffee out from an another bottle.
Got it, thanks.” she said sounding like I was better off.
I went into my bathroom and changed. I was thinking of calling Helena and asking her what she was up to, but it was just the answering machine replying. I persuaded her into calling me then I turned on my laptop and checked the tasks that need to be done next week. I had three assignments which was something I felt sad for as I loved it when I had a lot of work. I never take on a job on the two days on which I have school because the lessons make me pretty tired, but three tasks aren't enough.
Around eleven my phone rang and Helena appeared on the screen.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

layout by Sasame Ka z Zatracone Dusze